Broughton Demographics (QLD) Local Stats

Broughton (4820) is a suburb of Northern, Townsville, Queensland. It is about 1058 kms from QLD's capital city of Brisbane. Broughton is in the federal electorate of Kennedy.

In the 2011 census the population of Broughton was 655 and is comprised of approximately 47.3% females and 52.7% males.

The median/average age of the population of Broughton is 37 years of age.

91.4% of people living in the suburb of Broughton were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 1.4% England, 0.9% France.

95.4% of people living in Broughton speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 4.6% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Broughton is 22.8% No religion, 21.9% Catholic, 21.4% Anglican, 12.4% Uniting Church, 9.9% Religious affiliation not stated, 4.7% Presbyterian and Reformed, 2.3% Christian, nfd, 1.7% Other religious affiliation , 1.1% Salvation Army, 0.9% Baptist.

57.9% of people are married, 27.5% have never married and 9.0% are divorced and 1.8% are separated. There are 18 widowed people living in Broughton.

57.1% of the people living in Broughton over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 27.2% are working on a part time basis. Broughton has an unemployment rate of 4.2%.

The main occupations of people living in Broughton are 18.1% Technicians & trades workers, 16.8% Machinery operators & drivers, 16.1% Labourers, 11.7% Clerical & administrative workers, 11.4% Sales workers, 9.4% Managers, 7.0% Professionals, 6.4% Community & personal service workers, 3.0% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Broughton work in are 15.4% Mining, 12.8% Retail trade, 11.4% Education and training, 7.4% Health care and social assistance, 7.0% Public administration and safety, 7.0% Construction, 5.7% Transport, postal and warehousing, 5.7% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 5.4% Other services.

40.0% of homes are fully owned, and 44.8% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 11.9% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $510 per week and the median household income is $1312 per week.

The median rent in Broughton is $200 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1300 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Broughton postcode 4820

  • Qpzm LocalStats Queensland Suburb of the Day: Mcdowall 4053 -> Brisbane -> Queensland